News & Information


Dispute Resolution

There are several processes for resolving disputes between a home owner and a park owner in a residential park. Your residential park owner may have an internal dispute resolution process.

This may be set out in the site agreement. Examples include:

  • all complaints are lodged through the home owners’ committee (if one exists)
  • someone is nominated to consider all complaints on behalf of the park, such as a resident, manager or staff member
  • an independent mediator is engaged to deal with problems.

Parks owners and home owners are encouraged to engage in internal dispute resolution before using other avenues.

If the dispute cannot be resolved through the park’s internal dispute resolution process or through the above options, and the issue relates to a site agreement dispute, then the home owner or park owner may apply to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT).

Disputes Between Residents:

If you have concerns about other residents, you should first discuss it with the resident involved.

If you cannot resolve the problem directly with your neighbour, you may then consider discussing it with the park manager or home owners’ committee (if one exists).

The Queensland Public Interest Law Clearing House Incorporated (QPILCH) operates a self-representation service to assist people who are parties to particular types of matters before QCAT, including disputes arising under the Act.

If further mediation is required, the free mediation service through our Dispute Resolution Branch may be able to assist.

The Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) is an independent decision-making body for resolving site agreement disputes. QCAT can resolve a number of issues, including disputes about rent increases, varying special terms, terminating site agreements and changing park rules.