Who We Are
The Manufactured Home Owners Association (MHOA) is an organisation dedicated to protecting the rights and interests of manufactured home owners in Queensland.
MHOA is the Premier Home Owner organisation in Queensland and it was formed over 30 years ago at Hervey Bay as a non-profit, volunteer organisation developed to help prevent unfair treatment of manufactured home owners.
MHOA grew over its initial years to become a state-wide organisation and today its members are found in parks and villages from the NSW border to the Atherton Tableland in Far North Qld.
MHOA is an organisation which is recognised by the now Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy, and which endeavours to work cooperatively with the Department and all organisations that operate in respect of manufactured homes, for the betterment of those choosing to live in residential parks.
MHOA monitors the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003 to make sure our members receive the benefits it should provide them with, and also to identify any defects in this Act so that we can work towards amending the current legislation where needed. We are continually lobbying State and Federal Governments on all manners of issues concerning members’ welfare and their rights.
MHOA was an active member of the Government Consultative Committee which reviewed and made changes to the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003. We continue to be a part of workshops, meetings and consultation with the Government to maintain awareness of latest events and initiatives and ensurethat the government is aware of residetns concerns and what is happening in the area of manufactured home parks.
As a volunteer organisation we are always seeking new members who are manufactured home owners in Queensland; there is strength in numbers so why not join today and help make a difference. We are happy to provide this website which helps keep manufactured home residents updated on issues that affect their chosen lifestyles, and avenues that can help with problems that may arise.
What We Do
We Are Here To Help
MHOA assist members in understanding of the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003 which governs residential parks and the site agreements (contracts) made under that Act, especially in relation to the settling of disputes between home owners and park operators.
Our organization has experienced officers able to help you understand:
- Your rights and responsibilities under your Agreement or Contract.
- The protection provided by the legislation controlling matters to do with Manufactured Homes.
- Give advice and assistance when problems arise.
- Provide information about developments in matters of mutual concern.
- Provide regular information and updates through the Association Newsletter.
- Help in forming an effective Park or Village Home Owner Committee to liaise with the Park Operator.
- Ensure that your right to peaceful enjoyment of your site is protected.
- Help, when problems arise with the Park Operator, in obtaining a resolution through discussion, mediation or by application to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
A network of park/village representatives has the ability and capacity to either support our member's needs or put them in contact with the appropriate MHOA Officer.
MHOA is devoted to promote, advance, maintain and safeguard the combined and individual interests of manufactured home owners throughout Queensland.
Objectives of Manufactured Home Owners Queensland Inc are:
- To promote, advance, maintain and safe guard the combined and individual interests of the occupiers of sites of manufactured homes or relocatable homes throughout Queensland pursuant to the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003.
- To assist in the taking and defending of any proceedings before any Tribunal or Court in Queensland on a regular basis or from time to time and to seek justice for the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003 and the due and proper interpretation and application of the Act.
- To take part in any dialogues as between the Manufactured Home owners and the owners of the land or parks or with other authorities in order to protect and advance the interests of all manufactured and relocatable home occupiers.
- To act as an advisory body for manufactured home and relocatable home occupiers as a class and as individuals.
- To seek all necessary reviews or reforms of the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003 and regulations or any associated legislation which may affect the interest of manufactured and relocatable home occupiers.
- To seek that the original intentions of the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 74/2003 to control security of tenure and to confer other benefits on manufactured home and relocatable home occupiers are duly preserved and not eroded by the actions of the owners of the land or parks on which the homes are situated.
- To see that the law involving manufactured and relocatable homes is duly observed and enforced in the Courts on Queensland.
- To accept donations and initiate all lawful fund raising in order to assist in funding and achieving the above objects, however whilst acting at all times as a non-profit making association.
- To be available to assist all of its members, manufactured home occupiers and other interested parties in relation to manufactured and relocatable homes.
- To unite the interests of manufactured and relocatable home occupiers throughout Queensland under one umbrella or association.